It’s been some time, but now we’re back. Some updates will come soon. This is just a short preview of things that will come.
We just came back from a great adventure to Kenya and Uganda. During that time we visited three world heritage sites.
The first one was one of the lakes in the Great Rift Valley lake system, Lake Nakuru. We saw beautiful views, we saw birds and different animals. It was like on film, but for real.
The second one was Kasubi Tombs in Kampala. It was a really interesting visit that made me realize how little we know about history of these people and this ge´reat continent.
Last, bu definetly not least was another site in Uganda, the Bwindi Inpenetrable Forest with its gorillas. Where the mist can be thick, the ants were huge and the jungle dense. But finally was saw the gorillas. Yes we did!
This was just a teaser, More about these sites will come here soon.
And the world heritage list is growing. This year, so far, there are 26 new inscriptions.
- Archaeological Heritage of the Lenggong Valley (Malaysia)
- Bassari Country: Bassari, Fula and Bedik Cultural Landscapes (Senegal)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Palestine)
- Garrison Border Town of Elvas and its Fortifications (Portugal)
- Gonbad-e Qābus (Iran)
- Landscape of Grand Pré (Canada)
- Margravial Opera House Bayreuth (Germany)
- Masjed-e Jāmé of Isfahan (Iran)
- Neolithic Site of Çatalhöyük (Turkey)
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin (France)
- Rabat, modern capital and historic city: a shared heritage (Morocco)
- Site of Xanadu (China)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Israel)
- Chengjiang Fossil Site (China)
- Lakes of Ounianga (Chad)
- Lena Pillars Nature Park (Russian Federation)
- Rock Islands Southern Lagoon (Palau)
- Cultural Landscape of Bali Province: the Subak System as a Manifestation of the Tri Hita Karana Philosophy (Indonesia
- Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland (Sweden)
- Heritage of Mercury. Almadén and Idrija (Slovenia, Spain)
- Historic town of Grand-Bassam (Cote d’Ivore)
- Major Mining Sites of Wallonia (Belgium)
- Pearling, testimony of an island economy (Bahrain)
- Rio de Janeiro: Carioca Landscapes between the Mountain and the Sea (Brazil)
- Sangha Trinational (Cameroon)
- Western Ghats (India)
That’s few more places to visit, some more amazing things to see. Well. See ypu put there!